zaterdag 20 september 2014

The Cut

Today was officially the last day of Summer 2014, which means we'll have to say goodbye to (naturally!) tanned skin and sun kissed hair, which we had to do a whole lot earlier here in Belgium. I might be one of the few who's not suffering from summertime sadness (typical reference to Lana Del Rey: check!).

The main reason why I'm not summer's biggest fan is that my hair gets damaged. And when I say damaged I mean VERY damaged; it's more than just dead ends. Luckily I've got lots of products which should help decrease that so called damage, but these won't work for my dead and split ends. I've gotta be honest with you all, there are lots of products that claim they prevent and/or even will get rid of your dead/split ends, but, as you may've already guessed, it's all lies.
Even though lots of girls won't like this, according to me (and most people) the best way to get rid of these is just to cut them off. And that's exactly what I've done last week.

Unfortunately - some might replace this with luckily - it looks like nothing has changed at all. I only "lost" like five or seven centimeters, but it's healthy again (actually I just lost the "unhealthy part", so yeah... Doesn't matter). As you may've noticed by the "tone" I'm writing this I'm not completely happy with my "new haircut". Mainly because I like something new and fresh once in a while and it looks precisely the same.

Since I'm quite fond of the 80s and 90s I also find allot of inspiration in hairstyles from those two decades. Many people, like my parents who "were young" that time, think I'm crazy when I say that I like those hairstyles (or other stuff from the 80s and 90s). Probably because they think that youngsters should "keep up with their time" instead of going fishing for trends from more that 20 years ago.

For example when I bought my Docs 2 years ago my dad asked me whether I was going for a New Wave look and wondered why I didn't buy myself a pair of Uggs instead (quite ridiculous). And when I bought my creepers last year he said: "Yup, my girl is a New Waver." He said that with a smile - or was it a grin? - because he thought it was pretty cool (I'm guessing he was a New Waver himself).

Now about the haircuts I'd really like to have and which I'm totally in love with (not exaggerating!). One of them is pretty short, like boyish short but I'm okay with that. Actually I've been wanting a pixie cut for quite some time (four or five years), it's all because of the short nape (LOVE IT!). And you know what's keeping me from getting one? Well, my mom of course. I don't know why but mothers just don't like it when their daughter wants a short haircut. Hopefully I can talk my mom over to let me cut my hair by Spring 2015 it is (give it some time).

Thank you, and take care.


Note: I've had lots of problems with the pics... As you can read on Twitter


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.