maandag 8 september 2014

I'm No Barbie Girl

FINALLY! That horrible month of - not gonna mention that word, because I hate it - is over. Finally I can focus on other things again such as this blog!! Last month was the longest month ever, it was so tiring. Well, even though I'm enjoying my freedom at the moment I'm still pretty nervous and not completely at ease. This will continue until I get my results at the end of this week... No fun. No fun at all.

Hopefully I won't be as disappointed as I was when I saw the Barbie-collection by Forever21. I heard about it last month and I got all excited. Of course I was dying - I'm exaggerating - to get myself a piece or even several pieces from the collection. They said they were gonna launch it at the beginning of September, and they did on September 5th. So yesterday (apparently I wasn't that excited) I checked it out because I thought that I'd better do that before getting disappointed when visiting the store.

And guess what! I really got disappointed by this "exclusive collection". Well, I've gotta admit that I might've expected too much from Forever21. Even though I got disappointed there are still two pieces I like. Unfortunately both can't be bought in the European webshop and one of them isn't really "Barbie" (talking about the varsity jacket). I really love that jacket to be honest, mainly because of the sheer fabric which makes it look so sophisticated. And because I'm a sucker for monochrome clothing I can only talk good about the entire outfit.

By "being Barbie" I mean that they've just designed clothing without any Barbie spirit (cannot be explained). Such as that T-shirt with three Barbie dolls printed on it with the subscription: "I woke up like this." I'm sorry but wasn't it supposed to be all about Barbie? So step aside, Beyoncé!
According to me this T-shirt is a perfect example of a designer who's thinking economically rather than creatively which is such a pity.

You can't even shop the whole collection in the  European webshop. They're only selling two pieces, a bodysuit and a PJ set. I don't know... Perhaps the other pieces got sold out really quickly. But when I searched in the US webshop I saw that they've got the entire collection (USA privileges?). I'm just guessing that, when it comes to the webshop, Europeans won't be able to shop the complete collection. But I'm pretty sure that they do sell the complete collection in the shops.

Thank you, and take care.




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.